Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Help!

Here are two questions that I heard asked on Wednesday night.  I thought I would post them and see if anyone has some help or answers:

How can I keep a well stocked pantry if everything seems to disappear as soon as it is stocked?

And...What are some easy recipes for having people over on Sundays?

Looking forward to your input...
Tracy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My mother had to actually lock up food in our house when we had four ravenous teenagers (two being boys) that would ransack the pantry every ten minutes. Sort of locking up your pantry, I would label food with a "do not eat - for company" tag on it. Consequences to follow if the little people living in your house do not comply... ;)

Easy recipes - CrockPot to the rescue! BBQ beef sandwiches are a favorite on a Sunday when we're having company. (Beef brisket, smothered in BBQ sauce and cooked on "low" for 6-8 hours.) Yum! Pot roast is also good for Sunday lunch. Super easy lunch is a cold cuts buffet. The night before, slice the tomatoes, lettuce, onions, etc. and place on platter, cover it and place in fridge. Slice buns, pickles, etc. the night before. (Do you see the theme?) Then have really great cold cuts available for your guests along with "special" cheeses. It will look fancy but is inexpensive and fairly easy to do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great suggestions Melissa! I think I'll go buy a brisket...and lock it up :)
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I'm making the brisket for dinner tonight!
-Kristi

Anonymous said...

Chili in a crock pot works great for Sunday lunches! Have shredded cheese, lite sour cream and fritos ready for a quick garnish.

...or try cooked taco meat in a crock pot for taco salad. Get all the salad ingredients ready on Saturday and let everyone make their own taco salad creation.
Enjoy,
Karen

Hmmm...I see a theme here...it's the beloved Crock Pot to the rescue!

Anonymous said...

Great suggestion Karen. I need to put more hamburger meat on my grocery list!
Tracy