For those that have looked at this blog only to find that I have not been here, I apologize. But, I am back, so I will begin with a "summarized summary" of our last study. Carol lead us in a real good discussion of heaven. I will summarize by asking questions that came up, with some suggested answers.
Question: Why do people typically want to go to heaven?
Question: Is it displaying contentment to long for heaven?
Question: Why do people typically want to go to heaven?
- to see loved ones
- for ease and peace
- because they think they deserve it
- because they think they will have everything they want
- To be with our Lord!
Question: Is it displaying contentment to long for heaven?
- One answer to this was that it depends on what triggers our longing for heaven that matters. For example, if we just want to get out of a difficult situation, perhaps this reveals a lack of contentment. However, if it is a longing based on our love for Christ and desire to be with Him, what could be wrong with that?
- Sometimes when ALL someone talks about is theology...or witnessing etc. we might feel that way.
- Scottish preacher, Eric Alexander said, "Never in all my years of ministry have I met a person who is 'too heavenly-minded.'"
- If anything, we are all too earthly minded.
- In church, while worshiping.
- during the election returns :)
- do a study on it
- utilize the means of grace
- memorize scripture-if Christ quoted scripture on the cross, being Himself the Word, then how much more ought we cling to scripture
- talk to each other and remind each other ("Therefore encourage one another with these words." 1 Thes. 4:18)
- When I am totally immersed in the world and its ways, yes.
- Someone recommended a book called Heaven and Hell by Donnelly for more on this topic
- or, a series on Heaven by Tom Lyon. Here is the link: http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?speakerWithinSource=&subsetCat=&subsetItem=&mediatype=&includekeywords=&exactverse=&keyword=Tom%5ELyon&keyworddesc=Tom+Lyon&currsection=sermonsspeaker&AudioOnly=false&SpeakerOnly=true&keywordwithin=heaven
No comments:
Post a Comment