I enjoy blogs. I have mine sorted into days...so that I can only check one or two per day. Monday's blogs are Girl Talk and Sugar Pie Farm House. I am sharing a post from the latter because it was so related to our discussion on Wednesday night. We were blessed to have Melissa lead us through chapter nine in Overcoming Fear ,Worry and Anxiety and hopefully we are all encouraged to make a list of those tasks that are making us feel anxious and ready to take on our week...in prayer!
"Find joy in the simple things:
Domestic bliss does exist! As long as we have the right attitude! When
you are doing laundry for instance, instead of grumbling at the mountain
of dirty clothes, use that time to pray for your family members. When
throwing your hubby’s shirts into the wash, thank the Lord that he is
alive and well ( if he’s not well, pray for his needs). Pray that God
would give him wisdom and strength in his job. Pray for your little ones
as you pair up their sweet little socks, that God would raise them up
to be mighty men and women of God someday. Thank the Lord if your
washing machine is working! Feel the goodness in the task at hand, that
you are making life better for your family. Take joy in the simple and
lovely smell of clean cotton!
“To live with joy is to see God’s goodness!” ~unknown
“Well, I do declare, I will look
for joy in the simplest of my domestic tasks. Being thankful for the
blessings of modern conveniences…like running water, a washing machine,
refrigerator, ice-maker, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, electricity, and
indoor plumbing!” (Imagine trying a week or two without these things,
and how much joy you would feel when you got them back!)"-Sugar Pie Farmhouse Blog
No comments:
Post a Comment