It was so nice to see you all last night at our 2nd Ladies' Fellowship! If you were not there, here is what you missed:
Announcements: We will be having a baby shower for Angela Aguirre on Wednesday, October 6th. We will be having it at Kristi M's home at 7:00. If you would like to help, or RSVP, please contact Peggie. She is Registered at Babies R Us, Target and Bergstroms.
Also, we celebrated Dani and Amanda T's birthdays. Amanda's was earlier in the month and Dani's is 9/28...I think she said that she just turned 21...or was that Amanda.
Then, we went on to discuss hospitality specifically from the Forward and Introduction . Two illustrations that I wanted to share were one from Ruth and one from Karen. Ruth said she remembers her mom saying, "There are two kinds of people in the world. There are those that walk into a room saying, 'Here I am!' and those that walk in saying, 'There YOU are!'". Hospitality is saying, "There you are"! I like that. I need little phrases like that to stick into my brain. The other one was from Karen. She said that Earl used to say regarding hospitality, "Its not the table, its the door." Another good one. Its the open door that matters. That is coming from a Southern born. We are Californians, and most of us were not raised this way. But, thank God for His power and grace that can conform us to His image. Lord, makes our hearts like open doors ready and willing to serve with hospitality any time that you ask.
And now, for the home work. For next week please read chapter one and be ready to discuss, particularly quotes, ideas and concepts that stood out to you.
Regarding the questions in the back of the chapter...you certainly may do them all if you wish, however I suggest that you just choose between question #1 and question #2. Then do question #3 and #4 (although this one is just for your own use). Lastly, bring a "portable recipe" to share with the rest of us. You can either make 20 copies, or just make a copy for me and I can post it on this blog. Also, if you are really ambitious, you can make a sample of your portable recipe to share with us!
Until next week,
Practicing Hospitality,
Tracy
No comments:
Post a Comment