If you were at Ladies' Fellowship this week, you had to take a test. If you read about it on the blog, you got to see the answer key. But, whether you were at study or not, you now have another test. Here is the homework that Peggie gave out, and you, blog readers, are not off the hook. So, here it is:
Self-Test
Are you discontent? The following self-evaluation quiz will help you determine whether you have a tendency toward dissatisfaction.
- Do I dwell on what I would like to have more than on what I do have?
- Do I complain to others or God about what I am lacking?
- Do I neglect to thank God for the good things He has given me?
- Do I look at others' advantages in life and wish I had what they have?
- Do I scheme to gain more money and possessions than I really need?
- Am I tempted to take what belongs to others?
- Do I think of my possessions as belonging to ME rather than to God?
- If I were unable to achieve my goals in life (e.g., work, home improvements, relationships, money, prestige etc.), would I be content?
- Ask yourself, "Do I really need the things I am working so hard to get? Would I be at peace within if I had only the clothes on my back and food in my belly?"
- If I lose my health today, and I am unable to do the things physically that I now take for granted, would my soul be at rest in the Lord?
- If I lose my spouse through death or divorce, will God be my comfort and partner for life, or will I become lonely, bitter, and discontent?
- If my birthday party doesn't go as planned, can I still enjoy the day and be glad?
- If the waitress doesn't bring my order on time, or makes a mistake, do I get upset and irritable, or am I content with what can be provided?
- What if my plans in life are disrupted for whatever reason(s), will I be content and satisfied with my circumstances?
No comments:
Post a Comment