Friday, March 23, 2012



"The aspen tree forms large stands of genetically identical trees (technically, stems) connected by a single underground root system. These trees form through root sprouts coming off an original parent tree, though the root system may not remain a single unit in all specimens. The largest known fully connected aspen is a grove in Utah nicknamed Pando, and some experts call it the largest organism in the world, by mass or volume. It covers 0.43 km2 (106 acres) and is estimated to weigh 6,000 metric tons (6,600 short tons). " Wikipedia

Well, there you have it.  I said I would look into a bit of trivia that was shared with me at our dinner table.  It wasn't in the Redwood Forest, but it exists never the less. We discussed looking for illustrations of Biblical truth in the world around us at Ladies' Fellowship.  I thought this was a good one.  Even though we all look like individuals, we really are connected by a root system (Christ) and are one in Him. 

No comments: