Monday, February 7, 2011

All that I know about football I learned in high school. I don't think I have learned a bit about it since.  The only reason that I know that Super Bowl is coming up is because of all the football balloons and bags of chips at the grocery store. But, even so, I thought I would share some Vince Lombardi quotes in honor of the big game: 
 
Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.

Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority. 
 
If you can't accept losing, you can't win.

In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.

There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do. 




I was listening to a radio show the other day. I believe the hour was entitled The Vince Lombardi Hour.  The host was talking to callers about people that had majorly influenced their lives, like Vince Lombardi has influenced so many.  It was really quite an encouragement to hear real people in the So. Cal. area call about real people who had changed their lives.  It made me want to go out there and really get in the game and change lives!

We had a similar discussion at Ladies' Fellowship.  The question was, "What good advice have you been given when you were battling with fear?"  Here are some of the answers:

  • When battling with fear of people dying outside of Christ-"God does all things well."
  • When battling with a major disagreement with one's spouse and fear of the outcome- "Do you love God?  Love God first and your husband second."
  • When losing a loved one- "He has them in the palm of His hand." 
  • When dealing with the death of a loved one's baby, while you are expecting one- "The Lord gives and takes away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord."

All these words were given at just the right time and Spirit led.  May we be ready in season and out of season to offer the right words of encouragement for those that need to get back in the game and fight the good fight. And, as the great Packer's Coach said, "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything."  With God's grace and help, that is.







No comments: